Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Paranoia Justified!

So quite a few times when I've been to my grandma's she'll have bills ready and waiting to go in to her mailbox. She won't put them in her mailbox because the mailman won't be coming for a few more hours and someone may come by and steal her bills. Dun dundun dun. I always figured, "Whatever. They're her bills. Elderly paranoia..." Well, Monday morning I get a lady at my door (and it's not even 8 am). She tells me she has my mail. I think, "Hmm. She doesn't look familiar. I wonder if she just moved in somewhere." Anyway, she found my mail on her lawn a block away. The envelopes were two bills that I had put in my mailbox on Saturday. The ends were ripped open and the checks gone! My grandma was right, dang it! So I called my bank and had them stop payment on those checks, which cost $26 by the way. I'm not sure what's lower- stealing my bills or charging such an exorbitant amount for stopping payment on a check. Ok, I know the answer to that question, but it really irked me that people are so stupid! And now I learned my lesson. AND (for those of you thinking this) not all bills can be paid online.

3 comments:

Shash said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mo12miller@gmail.com said...

Sweet. Now I can make comments. I am sorry about that situation that happened to you. I hope you can do somethings online soon.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BLOGGING!! It's fun. Now you can put pictures up, etc.

Kimberly said...

That totally SUCKS! And we live in the same neighborhood. Wonder what's been taken from my mailbox! I think I only have one or two bills I send in checks for because they charge if I do it online!