Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fall

Fall is a melancholic time for me.( Ok, so it's not fall yet, but it's coming and just the thought of fall is melancholic.) It's that feeling you get when you take the Christmas tree down. You've had all this build up, you have your fun and then all of a sudden it's over. I just love summer. It's ok to play all summer long as long as I have the kids with me. (This is just my own reasoning.) Sure the house is constantly a mess, but if we get bored we put on our suits and go swimming somewhere. This summer it's been Eagle Island a lot. It's like instant happiness and the kids get along. Happy kids=heaven. And they always seem to be happy when they're swimming (it's an added bonus if there's sand to dig or frogs they can catch). Plus, I don't have to do any entertaining. I mostly just sit and watch until it gets too hot. So I'm never fully prepared for the kids to go back to school. My reason for going to the beach is gone. And I have to be Grant's entertainment.
Another reason fall gets me down is I don't get to go back to school. Well, technically, I could, but we all know the difference. I loved the feeling of seeing friends you didn't see all summer and catching up. As I mentioned in the previous blog, I loved the social aspects of school and everything school had to offer. I loved knowing lots of people from the different sport teams and from after school clubs. I didn't even mind going to classes. I liked almost all of my teachers. So I have great school memories. Which I am finding out not everyone liked school. Maybe I'm the minority, but I still miss it.

4 comments:

Robin said...

I bet you were really popular in school. Real popular. Everyone wants to be your friend.

Katrina said...

Ya got me ,Robin.

It's just Barb said...

I'm with you on this one. I LOVED the kids being home and cried every first day of school until Sara's first day of middle school. Then I just went back to college to deal with it.

Anonymous said...

And I am just the opposite... can't wait for summer to be over with and for autumn to arrive... the cooler temps and the fall foliage rejuvenate me. Summertime makes me grumpy and edgy.