Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back to School

Last Thursday I registered Porter for middle school. I am excited for him to take his next step. To gain a little more independence, to start hanging with friends after school and watching the school team play a ball game. Of course, I'm thinking of all the fun social aspects of school. Then I talked to my brother about signing Porter up and his response was "Oh no, this is when it all begins." I didn't know what he was talking about since I enjoyed all my school years and what they had to offer. So he told me how guys wanted to beat him up for no reason. Just random people thinking they could pick an easy fight. Well, my brother taught them a lesson, but for Porter- is this something that will really happen? I know it 's real, but I didn't ever have to see it. I just envision Porter putting himself in invisibility mode- if I duck my head and quietly walk away no one will notice I'm gone. Pretty much what he does at home when I tell him to mow the lawn. In fact, he just did this two minutes ago and now he's watching Sat. morning cartoons instead of getting the lawn mower out. Ok, he proved me wrong- YEAH! Anyway, I am naively excited for Porter to start middle school and hope that he has a good school experience! Plus, he got picked to be a kitchen helper so he can earn a free hot lunch and 50 cents a day. Now, you just can't beat that!

No comments: