Monday, September 15, 2008

Remi, my little drama queen- he says king, was fooling around with some friends and the front door. So what happens? You guessed it, his middle finger got pinched in the door. So he comes crying to me on the couch. The tears are streaming and the noise coming out of his mouth is almost unbearable. He's so loud. And for some reason, when my kids get hurt I get angry. I always have the wrong reactions to situations. It really is annoying at how loud he gets. Anyway, once I saw his finger I felt bad. It was red and had purple dots all over the tip of his finger. I look at it and tell him I'll get him some ibuprofen and ice (more bellowing because ice makes it hurt more). I go to get the stuff and in between sniffles he says to himself, "And these are my number one fingers. My thumbs are number two."
Who the heck numbers their digits?

2 comments:

Robin said...

I get the whole angry when your kids are hurt. Ike was in tears yesterday after football because he hurt his knee. It was everything I could do to not tell him to "suck it up". later on his coach called to check on him and said that he really got slammed. I was so glad I pretended to be a nice mom to Ike when he was crying.

mo12miller@gmail.com said...

That is a cute story. I didn't know kids named their fingers either. I will have to see if I get angry or not when Mia comes when she gets hurt.