Thursday, November 20, 2008

yummy recipe

I'm not really into cranberry, but this is a really good recipe. The cranberry gives it just the right amount of tart. Even my 7 yr old who claims to hate everything I make loved this. Perfect for the holiday.

Cranberry Cake
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 tsp. almond extract
2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups frozen or fresh cranberry's
2/3 cup chopped pecans
Beat eggs and sugar together. Add butter and almond extract. Stir in flour just until combined. Fold in cranberry's and pecans. Bake in a greased 13x9" pan at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Serve with whipped cream. This makes a great dessert or a special breakfast.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for posting... I'm sure this was partly for me :-)

Robin said...

Thanks for this recipe. I might try it for Thanksgiving.

Miss You!