Sunday, August 30, 2009

A funny thing happened on the way to the sink.

My brother-in-law and his family were visiting a few weeks ago. Their son, Liam, loves finding and carrying around animals so he was thrilled when he saw our chickens. In fact, he checked the chicken coop for eggs a few times a day and reporting back to us what he did or didn't find. Well, one day he came into the house proudly showing us the egg he was holding. Liam held up the egg and was telling us (my sil and I)how the egg was slippery (ewwww). (We were wondering if he had helped the hen in the birthing process.) Well, it must have been slippery because he dropped it and it splat on the floor. Calmly, I got some paper towels and when I turned around I saw Grant walking toward us and I swear the rest happened in slow motion. I started yelling , "No! No! Go away!" and he stepped right into the egg and up went his leg and down came his rear end in the middle of egg. Then, of course, he started crying and looking confused at what just happened. All you had to do was replace the egg for a banana peel and I swear it was a scene out of my Saturday morning cartoons when I was a kid.

No comments: