Saturday, January 10, 2009

Double Digits


Natalie Merrell turns 10!


The birthday gang.
L-R bottom: Cory Watts, Stevie, Remi, Porter, Adam and Rachel McCiuistion
top: Jennifer Jones, Natalie, Kayleigh Rice, Katelyn McCuistion
(for some reason Adam and Jennifer look like they have purple lips, but they really didn't)

We had Natalie's birthday party today. She turned 10. We had "brownie pudding" and ice cream. I made brownies for the cake. When I pulled it out of the oven I noticed it swayed a little bit, but thought it would stiffen as it cooled. So we sang Happy Birthday and I cut into it. It was basically a brownie crust over cooked batter. The kids didn't mind at all. Who can resist brownie batter? I couldn't (and it cost me a meal worth of weight watcher points). One girl was excited to have some because her mom never lets her have batter. Natalie wanted to go to the hot springs for her party so we took her friends to John's Pool and they swam. It was nice not to have to entertain kids. I just had to drive them there and the trip went by surprisingly quick.
Do these look comfy or what?
Come on in the water's warm.
Party's in the hot tub- next to the hot pool :) makes sense, right?

1 comment:

ward said...

You finally hit double digits. Congratulations on your 10th baby. Why haven't I heard about your last 6? Why does one of them have blue lips?